CSATS Summer Research Experiences for STEM Teachers is designed as an immersion experience in a research setting in the field, academia or in industry. Our program aims to supports teachers who are committed to engaging in extended research experiences and to integrating the practices of science and engineering into their classrooms, schools, and districts.
- Teachers will engage in a research project as well as contribute as a member of a research team.
- Teachers will develop a classroom research project (CLRP) during weekly professional development workshops facilitated by CSATS to translate their experience into the classroom.
- Teachers will present their research work during the REU/RET Symposium at Penn State, University Park on August 2, 2018
- Nano-Scale Engineering Research: University Park, PA
Please see each program for the appropriate CSATS contact.
Applications are due March 31, 2018
- Application: general contact information, direct supervisor information, and 3 professional references
- Essay Questions: We would recommend writing your three essays in a separate document then copying and pasting them into this section. You will not be able to save and return to the application.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: submit as a PDF file
- Immediate Supervisor Support Letter: Provide the support letter template to your immediate supervisor to complete. Please note we are asking for their support and permission for follow up professional development throughout the school year to complete your research experience and implement the Action Research on your classroom research project. Please submit the letter as a PDF file.
- Lesson Plan: A lesson plan that is characteristic of your teaching style
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email that the documents are submitted to the CSATS RET Committee and you will be contacted if selected to interview after the application window is closed. Thank you and we look forward to learning more about you!