Broader Impacts and Project Design
CSATS brings depth of understanding of how people learn, and experience designing and implementing a wide range of K-12 education outreach programs, including those involving international partnerships. We work with our partners to transform existing hands-on curricula to more inquiry-based formats, reflecting reform-oriented teaching practices advocated by national science teaching standards.
CSATS faculty and staff can support the following:
- Assistance in development and implementation of cohesive and comprehensive pre-college STEM education programs for "broader impacts" components of research grants. Including:
- Connections with Higher Education, Diversity, and ongoing STEM education outreach programs at Penn State.
- Connections with ongoing programs at partner institutions.
- Connections with K-12 school districts across the state of Pennsylvania.
- Assistance for STEM researchers to develop K-12 classroom or teacher professional development projects as part of grants.
- Incorporating research-based learning theory and best practices for teacher professional development, and multiple level evaluation plans.
- Building capacity for teachers to implement projects beyond funding life-cycle.
- Developed with districts’ STEM education strategic plans in mind.
For more information, contact Annmarie Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.