National and PA STEM Standards
K-12 STEM education in the US centers on national and state standards developed by groups of scientists, engineers, mathmeticians, and K-12 educators. STEM teaching standards provide guidance as to what is expected of teachers for teaching these areas using reform-oriented methods.
For your convenience, CSATS provides links to Pennsylvania STEM standards and several national K-12 standards for STEM teaching and learning. In addition, written curricula developed in collaboration with CSATS include links to Pennsylvania STEM standards.
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Science and Technology and Engineering Education
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Environment and Ecology
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Mathematics
- A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas
- Next Generation Science Standards
- The National Science Education Standards
- Common Core State Standards
American Association for the Advancement of Science
As part of its Project 2061, AAAS provides a suite of benchmarks and other materials useful for developing K-12 science literacy. The Atlas of Science Literacy provides diagrams of learning progressions for science content and skills leading to scientific literacy throughout grades K-12:
Mid-continent Research for Education and Learning (McREL)
Content Knowledge Standards and Benchmarks for multiple discipline areas, including STEM: http://www.mcrel.org/compendium/browse.asp