KidWind Challenge Workshop
- 118 Chambers Building, University Park, PA 16802
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 @ 9:00am - 2:30pm
- 9:00am - 2:30pm
- One-Day Workshop
The U.S. has one of the largest and fastest-growing wind energy markets in the world. In this workshop you will engage in hands-on activities that will introduce you to the science behind wind energy while putting easy-to-use tools in your hands. Activities from the workshop can be used to get your students excited about the KidWind Challenge, a wind turbine design contest for middle and high school students (scheduled for April 2020).
When students participate in a KidWind Challenge they will:
- Discover the promise and limitations of wind energy technology
- Design, build, and test a functional, creative wind turbine
- Compete with their peers in a supportive environment
- Taget Audience:
- Teachers of students grades 4-12
- Download Flyer
Registration is currently closed.