IMPACT BY THE NUMBERS
As of 2018, Center for Science and the Schools have impacted K-12 education in Pennsylvania and across the nation.
Penn State STEM Colleges and Departments as partners
Programs that have impacted educators and students
States in the U.S impacted by our programs
Schools with teachers in our programs
Teachers impacted by our programs
Think about it!?!? Approximately, each educator reaches 25-100 students every year!
*Each program involves researchers at Penn State or other institutions, instructors, post-docs, and/or graduate students that allow our programs to be successful.
**Many of these teachers return for multiple programs and workshops!
PENN STATE STEM COLLEGES & DEPARTMENTS
CSATS has worked closely with Penn State researchers to prepare grant proposals and secure funding for research and outreach activities. CSATS has collaborated with Penn State researchers from all STEM Colleges and the College of Liberal Arts:
- College of Engineering
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Information Sciences and Technology
- Eberly College of Science
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Liberal Arts (Department of Anthropology)
- College of Medicine
PARTNERS IN SUCCESS
CSATS continues to partner with organizations to expand our outreach efforts, example partners are:
- American Association of University Women
- Central PA Biofuels Laboratory
- Discovery Space
- Milbrook Marsh
- National Alliance for Broader Impacts
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Intermediate Units: 10, 11, 13, 15 and 29
- Pennsylvania Watershed Task Force led by STROUD Water Research Center
- Penn State Shaver's Creek
- STEM Learning Ecosystems
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts